Monday, April 29, 2013

Lovely-Lush Products

Lush is on one cosmetic brand I wish I could say I absolutely love. Some products I do love. Like their Aqua Marina cleansing roll. It felt amazing on my face when I used it. But not all of their products are created equally. First of all, not all of the products are vegan. Some of their lip tints are vegan and some are not. So you have to make sure you look for the "V" on all the labels. Second, though they do label what ingredients are natural and which are synthetic, a lot of their products contain toxic ingredients. For example, they still use parabens and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.  Two nasty ingredients used as preservatives and lather in soaps and shampoos. Once, when I was at lush I asked one of the workers why they still used parabens. Her answer was "Parabens are actually not bad for you. Did you know that parabens are naturally occurring in blueberries?" Ummm, I thought to myself, are you actually using the parabens from the blueberries in these products? I think not.
So I wanted to compile a list of vegan, non-toxic products at Lush that I feel happy using. I hope it makes your shopping at Lush, easier to navigate. I sifted through their catalog and read the ingredients for every product and these are their loveliest ones!




(All product photos from Lush)


No comments:

Post a Comment