Sunday, June 2, 2013

Transitioning to Vegan Beauty & Style

It has been my experience that transitioning to a vegan lifestyle can be overwhelming, especially when it comes to our make-up and wardrobe. Eating vegan was really easy for me to switch to because I shop on a weekly basis for groceries, so it wasn't like I was having to get rid of things. I was eventually going to have to buy more food. When it comes to make-up and clothes though, I don't buy new stuff every week. I also don't have a budget that allows for me to get rid of every product that contains animal products and replace it with vegan products all at one time.

I have found that transitioning to a vegan lifestyle slowly, is what works for me. I am less overwhelmed when I allow myself the room to change things at my own pace. For instance, just a few weeks ago I ran out of foundation. Though my foundation was already vegan, I have replaced it with a product from a cosmetic company that I love and want to support- Gabriel Cosmetics- all of their products are vegan! So instead of buying from a brand that isn't 100% vegan, I choose to help support a company that I love and that inspires me. It's the same with clothes, I have decided as my wardrobe needs replaced I will purchase vegan alternatives. No wool, silk, leather, down or fur.

How has been your experience transitioning to a vegan beauty lifestyle? Did you
do it slowly over time or all at once? I would love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment